Tuesday, August 6, 2013

4th Of July

I realize it is now August-- forgive me for the late post!

Our neighborhood has an annual 4th of July block party. Food, music, games.. all organized and set up by the wonderful residents of Colfax Meadows. We signed in at the booth, made our donation, got our name tags, and it was all the hot dogs (turkey and veggie dogs too), snow cones, and pie we could eat. Our good friends/neighbors Brittany and Jeff met us there and the five of us walked around stuffing our faces and saying over and over again, "we love this neighborhood". 

After the block party we went back to our house to go swimming. Dayvia's first time in the pool! We put her in her Independence day bathing suit (thanks Grandma Mary), and we heated the pool to 89 degrees. We were all very excited to see what her reaction would be, I was expecting some squeals, laughter, splashing..... nope, not this kid. She acted as if she had been in water her whole life. Well- I suppose she was in water most of her life. She acclimated immediately and was very relaxed about the whole thing. She really does live up to her sign, Pisces, the fish.

After swimming, we had made a delicious dinner. We decided to go the non traditional route and forgo burgers and dogs. We made broiled salmon, roasted cauliflower, and Brittany and Jeff brought an amazing kale/brussel sprouts salad. We stuffed our faces yet again and then headed off to the 3rd event of the day- a BBQ- to eat some more. 

I put Davy in the Sully wrap and she slept most of the time there- she was wiped after our full day of Narventures!


That's the stroller under that blanket

Britt & I 

4th of July outfit







1 comment:

  1. Neighborhood looks nice...can't imagine what A block party in Sun City would be like...When will you start swim lessons for Dayvia? Dee started Maddie pretty early...check with her. I'm so-oo anxious to play with the little beauty....xxxooo, Grandma

    ReplyDelete