Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Thanksgiving in Las Vegas

I've been going to Las Vegas for Thanksgiving for 13 years--since I moved to L.A. in 2001. 
I have never appreciated my family more as I did this visit. 
Being in Vegas with our toddler made me realize how nice it is to have a village!  There were multiple hands to watch her, feed her, bathe her. Mike and I could finish a meal, read a book, sleep in! And the joy of watching Davy squeal with joy while playing with her family…. it's the absolute best. 

Thursday was Thanksgiving, the usual gang was there, a little smaller this year, and by smaller I mean… 40 people instead of 70. We had a delicious meal and fun watching all the little kids play together.

Friday night, we left Dayvia with Bubba, Grandpa, and Aunt Rachel and we went out for the night!! Our first night away from her ever! We had the best time! We stayed at The Wynn, we had a fancy meal, saw a show, walked around the casino, sat and talked without having to rush home to the sitter. It was awesome. The best part was knowing that she was happy and safe so we could really relax! 

I know how lucky we are to have an amazing family. So loving, so generous, so FUN. We all just sit around talking and laughing and of course eating. As grateful as I am to have this family for ME, I am even more grateful that our daughter will grow up knowing all of their love.










Vegas here we come!!!

Aunt Dee brought us toys…no… a toy store.
She brought us F.A.O. Schwartz.

I mean… I had to!






Davy's artwork she did at Bubba's house.


Thanksgiving Night

These two. Davy ADORES her cousin "Manny"

Bubba sat with Davy…..

And Mommy and Daddy got to eat!


Hello heaven.






All the little girls, pretty in pink.



I love that you can see Uncle Richard and Aunt Daylene in the mirror taking this pic. 

Mike and Cousin Justin. Former roommates, and friends forever.







Breakfast at Grandma's is my happy place.

So good. 

Peekaboo with Samantha










 FRIDAY NIGHT OUT!







Our meal. YUM.













Saturday brunch at The Berkleys. We missed Elsa's visit because….



We passed out. We were having too much fun in Vegas and it caught up to us!














Another brunch at Gram's with our FAVORITE OMELETS IN THE WORLD.

CARROT/ONION/CHEESE omelets. Amazingness.



Aunt Dee and Davy










1 comment:

  1. I'm scrolling up and down, to view the pictures over and over.....precious memories....Have to come up with a reason for you all to visit soon again....I'll add to the omelette ingredient choices.....mushrooms,fresh pepper....thanks Meems for these blogs

    ReplyDelete