Thursday, May 2, 2013

Grandma Zel

My mom Janice has always loved her middle name Zelda. She was named after her Great Grandmother who truly was-- great. No one has ever called my mom Zelda and we thought it could be her "grandma name". So instead of Bubby, or Nanna, or even just Grandma.... my mom will be Zellie.

The day I went into labor my mom and grandma Shirley jumped in the car and headed to LA to be here for the birth. After arriving that day, they patiently waited 3 more days for the arrival of the new generation. My mom stayed in LA for 6 weeks to help out and she just left 2 days ago. We miss her already.

Zellie took care of us almost every day. Bringing us food, cooking, doing laundry, she even gave me foot massages every day. She was a huge help in so many ways.

I have a new respect for all mothers now- but especially my mother. I look at Davy and I think, i love her so much...and my mom loves ME this much. Wow...

Thanks mom, Zellie, for all of your help. Having a baby is pretty amazing and can be incredibly overwhelming at times. Thanks mom for making it a little easier for us. We love you!! See you soon!



























1 comment:

  1. I'm 'qvelling', so much love, Grandma Shirl

    ReplyDelete