Dayvia has always loved the bath. LOVED the bath. I could always count on bath time as my own down time. She would play and sing and read for 30 minutes or more!
And then one day- for no apparent reason- she decided she hated the bath. Zero interest in taking one. So it's been weeks of sponge baths and wipe downs on the couch. We have tried everything. New toys, bubbles, no bubbles, morning bath, before nap bath, post nap bath, before dinner bath, post dinner bath, bath with mommy, shower with mommy, singing songs, playing music….
She just cries "NO! NO BATH!". And then runs out to the other room to play.
I am hoping and praying this stage ends soon! I need to wash her hair!
The nap strike is just wrong. She needs to nap!!! But she just wants to PLAY. No matter how tired she is, she will be yawning, eyes closing, and she is singing and talking and literally running around saying "i run fast", just to stay awake.
I have tried changing the nap routine, tried putting her in the car for a drive, tried walks in the stroller, tried lying down in bed and cuddling in the dark. She just crawls off the bed and runs around in the dark singing.
So we have given up on nap time for now. I am again- hoping and praying- that this too- is just a stage- and NOT the end of nap time!
NEW WORDS
Too many to count. She basically says a new word every day. But there are two stand out words that are pretty cute.
Happy.
Baile (dance in spanish).
NEW SENTENCES
Bumped the head. (this could mean that she bumped anything- the hands, the tush, the feet…)
I got you! (playing chase)
I love you too.
I'm stuck!
FAVORITE SONGS
Shake It Off by Taylor Swift
All About The Bass by Megan Trainor
She requests these songs allllll day long. "Mama? Shake!" "Mama? Bass!"
FAVORITE ACTIVITES
Playing pretend. (pretend eating/drinking, rocking her babies to sleep, cooking…)
Loves coloring with crayons and markers.
Loves to count things.
DEVELOPMENTS
Counts to 12 by herself.
| Saturday is pancake breakfast day! |
![]() |
| Rhonda and her beau Stanley visited us for a day and we had a lovely time- as you can tell by the look of love in Davy's face. |
![]() |
| Aunt Rachel is her B.F.F. |
![]() |
| Say "cheeeeese" |
| Davy was part of the party for Carmen's girls night birthday dinner. |
| Our weekly lunch date with Lia and Roma |
| We spent a day at Huntington Gardens with The Byrnes and watched DayDay and Madison run after each other all day. |
| Quinn, Byrne, Narducci This photo went around a group text and the captions were hilarious. Do you have a good one? |
| My first meat in almost 2 years!! I found a restaurant that serves organic, grass fed, pasture raised meat. It was--- DELICIOUS. Happy birthday to me! |
![]() |
| Spa day. Post massage tea and brownies and QUIET. |
| Mike- we need this in our living room. A water wall. |
![]() |
| Ended my birthday with a Mrs Fields cookie cupcake, thanks to Rachie. The cookie cake tradition continues. 19 years of cookie cake for my birthday-- and I look forward to it every year. |
















Maybe Dayvia feels chilled after bath time.....have you tried showers. She'll be back to nap-time and bath-time soon. You all look so beautifull. Wow, 35 years ago I was loving and we were so blessed with our first Grandchild. How you came up with the name Kaka for me is a mystery. I'm going to view the new videos now. Good way to start the New Year.
ReplyDeletewo